The Panel involved 42 residents and Flats-area businesses in approximately eight days of deep learning and discussion, as well as calls for broader community input. Here’s how the Community Panel process worked:
- The call for volunteers opened on November 7 and closed on December 10, 2018. From this group of volunteers, we used a blind, anonymous selection process to ensure a diverse group of Panelists.
- Panel participants received background information to help inform their decisions. This information was based on input from technical experts, key stakeholders, community members, and City and Parks staff.
- The Panel featured deep discussions over the course of their approximately eight full-day meetings, allowing time to understand background information, key community values, and trade-offs, before making a recommendation.
- Throughout the Panel process, we invited the broader community and stakeholders to connect with Panel members through public workshops, submissions, and other updates.
- Panel members wrote their recommendations in a report to be shared with City Council and Park Board, who may then refer the report to staff working on arterial road.
- 招募志願者活動於2018年11月7日開始, 12月 10日結束。從這一群志願者中, 我們使用了一個盲目和匿名的選拔過程, 以確保多元的小組成員群體。
- 小組參與者將收到背景資料, 以幫助他們的決定。這些資訊搜集是根據專家對選擇幹 線技術方面的見解、主要利益相關者、社區成員和市府職員的諮詢。
- 小組將在大約七天的會議期間進行深入討論, 以便在提出建議之前, 有時間瞭解背景資料、 主要社區價值和權衡意見。
- 在整個小組進程中, 我們將邀請更廣泛的社區和利益相關者通過公眾工作坊、意見提交 和其他資訊更新與小組成員聯繫。
- 小組成員將在一份報告中寫下他們的建議, 供市議會和公園局分享, 然後他們可以將報告 轉給在幹道工作的職員。